If you have symptoms of a toxic build-up in your body you may want to consider some type of internal cleansing program. Some of the signs and symptoms are:
- Allergy or intolerance to certain foods
- Bad breath and foul-smelling gas and stools
- Constipation, diarrhea, irregular bowel movements
- Frequent congestion, colds, and viruses
- Flatulence or gas and frequent intestinal disorders
- Frequent headaches for no apparent reason
- General aches and pains that migrate from one place to another
- Intolerance to fatty foods
- Low energy; loss of vitality for no apparent reason
- Lower back pain
- Lowered resistance to infections
- Needing to sleep a long time
- Pain in your liver or gall bladder
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), breast soreness, vaginal infections
- Skin problems, rashes, boils, pimples, and acne
How can TCM Help?
You can detoxify your body with acupuncture. Acupuncture has a natural diuretic effect. The procedure helps your body detoxify by the elimination of toxins through the urinary tract. This is why you will see a widespread use of acupuncture for drug detox programs.
Acupuncture treatment can help you to reduce appetite or cravings, even as it eliminates blockage of the Qi (pronounced 'chi' - the vital energy force that flows along meridians throughout the body). Once you regain your appetite, you do not feel as much desire for foods normally associated with sources of toxins.
When you eat toxic foods, you instantly get a feeling of heaviness in the body, as the energy flow is disrupted once more. When you consume proper food, you continue to feel energised. Your body learns quickly which foods provide the most benefit. This is why acupuncture for detoxification of the body is so effective.
Acupuncture is said to be a useful technique due to the perceived "pain" involved. Needles are the only effective instruments to reach the acupuncture points which may be inside muscles, tendons, or joint spaces. In reality, our well trained acupuncture practitioners can make acupuncture a less painful and more satisfying experience.
When the needle comes into contact with an acupoint, people can feel a sensation of numbness, aching, tingling, or heaviness in the area. This is known as the arrival of the Qi. You may conjure in your mind that the contact is painful. However, it is actually a signal from your body on the presence of toxins. Toxins were probably ingested through harmful foods, additives, polluted air and/or water. Even simple bad habits can also cause you to develop toxins.
TCM practitioners highly recommend acupuncture as a means to detoxify your body. In fact, we say that the more toxins you have, the stronger you will feel the effect. Pain is perceived rather than real. You will feel a little discomfort but it soon disappears. This is evidence that acupuncture used for the detoxification of the body is taking place.
"A group of researchers at the College of Oriental Medicine at Daejeon University have shown that manual acupuncture reduces liver toxicity, protects liver function and liver tissue, and normalises immune activity in CCl4-intoxicated rats."
- Acupuncture reduces liver toxicity, protects liver function and liver tissue and normalises immune activity in rats. Read more here.
If you have any signs and symptoms of a toxic build up in your body, Dr Li's TCM Clinic can help to detoxify your system to bring you to vitality again. Call us now for your first free consultation with our qualified practitioners.
Dr. Li's TCM Clinic - Lane Cove, Rhodes, Macquarie Centre, North Ryde & Chatswood